A Sister To Celebrate - Tanika Chambers

A Sister To Celebrate



TANIKA CHAMBERS

What is your age range?
 26-40

Where were you born, raised and what city/country do you currently live in now? 
Born in Toronto, raised in Toronto, live in Toronto

What is your educational background /Training?
I'm a University and Bible College Graduate in Communications & Theology and a Certified Lay Christian Counsellor

What was the first job you ever had? Mr. Grocer cashier at the deli counter at age 12


What are you doing currently? Passions? Aspirations?
Just finished writing my first book Single Ready & Waiting: Your Guide to Courtship, A New Perspective one of many more to come.
I wrote this book to spare other singles the grief of heading down the wrong road with the wrong person and finding out what it truly means to be single, ready and waiting.
In it, I share my personal story of entering the wrong relationship and almost losing it all, even my life.  Book launch coming up this June 2012. 
Also this fall I am hosting my very own show Single Ready & Waiting. I'm still working out the details and writing my own curriculum for single young adults.  I hope my efforts will help to prepare singles for the reality of marriage and the life-long committment that goes along with that.

Passions:
I'm passionate about sharing stories and information that will transform, and challenge peoples minds to think beyond themselves and see how they can make a difference in this world.


Aspirations:
To be the best daughter, sister, wife and mother that I can be.

What was the journey like to get you where you are today both personally and professionally?
Wow, my journey to get here was a rough one. Mainly because I was a "strong willed" child. I had to learn the hard way to get life right. Now I get it:)
The lessons I learned along my journey has helped me to be the Christian Counsellor I am today. Because of it I have the ability to understand, relate and give sound advice to people facing different situations. 
I also like to help people in the area of employment .  Last year I started my own business T.C Helps Consulting to help those looking for employment. I help my clients with their resumes, I call it the T.C Help resume-face-life and I also provide job leads.  It has been very rewarding to know that I've helped someone get ahead in life.

What is the best life lesson you were ever given?
The best life lesson I was ever  given was by God himself. After coming through that "relationship collision" that I describe in my upcoming book I learned to not take the leading of the Holy Spirit in my life for granted. It is God's way of leading us away from the wrong people, places or things and towards the right people, places and things.
 
What advice do you have for people wanting to follow in your footsteps?
My advice would be to never allow your past to determine who you can become in the future. God can turn your ashes into beauty if you allow Him to.
Also, stay around progressive people who are using their God given talents and abilities to make a difference in this world. If you don't know anyone like this then become the most progressive person you know.

Can you tell us 3 of the goals you have in the next 3 years?
To become my husbands best play by ear student (piano) , Write second book. and Travel.


Thank you so much Tanika for allowing us to get a glimpse of who you are, learn about your passions and aspirations, your unshakable faith in God and an understanding of what motivates you to keep going. You are doing amazing work and we cannot wait to see all your efforts come to fruition. Looking forward to your book launch in June 2012!

For more information or to get in contact with Tanika Chambers please check out her websites:
Single Ready & Waiting. http://singlereadywaiting.blogspot.ca/
Helping Business's and those looking for work.www.tchelpsconsulting.com


Comments

Popular Posts