Journey to the Wedding!...Engagement Photos

Ain't Love Grand!!
 
Engagement Photos!!! We went to take our engagement photos on one of the last days of warmth in October! The appointment was tentative right up until the actual day! The forecast had been calling for rain and as we can see by how cold it is now we were running out of time for "good days" to have our photo shoot!!
What an experience. Now I LOVE photos, I can look at a picture album over and over again because I feel like I see something different each time. There is always some detail that stands out to me each time I look at photos and I just love the idea of having precious moments captured on film forever!
But I sooooooo was not prepared for this photoshoot. I was totally nervous, sweating, anxious just did not know what to expect!! I mean, I have my own little photoshoots in my home when I think I am looking cute, but in the park with a professional photographer?? For whatever reason it made me really nervous and to be honest, that isn't one of those things that is talked about. You get advice on how to prepare for the planning stress, the guestlist wars, picking the dress, and how to take time to enjoy the big day but I can't remember ever talking to anyone about their engagement photo session or wedding photography period!
 
Do you get direction throughout the shoot? Do you bring your own props if you want them? What colours should you wear? Is matching corny? Should I go get my makeup done? Do I need to practice my poses? (lol) What should I do with my hair? What location should we pick?
 
The list of questions went on and on in my mind...some we were able to communicate with our photographer and get some advice and some we needed to just figure out.
Once we got there and started taking the photos I realized why I was nervous haha!!! There were SO many people in the park, walking, taking their own pictures, people watching and so on but to be walking around with our very professional photographer looking all dolled up in the park felt beyond weird. YES, people were looking at us, YES, we probably engaged in the most PDA (Public Display of Affection) ever in the whole time we have been together haha!! YES, we had to wait for people to get off of the bridge so we could get our shot, YES, I had on high-heeled boots and had to walk on rocks with running water (WHAT? - yup, I didn't think about that) and YES, I can't wait for the wedding day shoot!!  I would say that the engagement shoot really prepares you for what the day may be like with your photographer. It helps you to know what their style is, what their direction will be like and what shots you might want to ask for. Luckily for us, our photgrapher was on the same page with us not wanting too many posey-posey shots, but still keeping some of the traditional poses in there!
All in all, it was a great day, a great experience and it just happened to all take place on our 4th Anniversary in the park that my parents had their wedding photography done 38 years ago!! 
So special!
I can't wait to see how all the shots turned out. For now, we received a few teasers which our photographer labelled as some of her favs!  
 



Comments

Popular Posts