The Best Thing I Never Had...

Source


What goes around comes back around”…
 I’m sitting here listening to some tunes and on comes Beyoncé’s “Best Thing I Never Had”.  Now I have heard the song many times but for whatever reason this time I really took notice of the lyrics.
The best thing I never had… how many categories can that be applied to? Wow!
There are so many things in life where if you take a moment to reflect are exactly that.
The BEST thing you never had.
But in keeping with the context of the song… I think back to a conversation that I was having with some ladies and the topic of conversation was exactly this.
 
“There was, a time, I thought, that you did everything right, no lies, no wrong, boy I must have been out of my mind”…
What is that saying???? Oh right, Hindsight is 20/20. Well I believe that’s true in most cases. When you are wrapped up in a situation it is so hard to see through it and be rational and make the right decisions for your situation.  Especially where love (or atleast what you think is love) is concerned.


"I wanted you bad, I'm so through with that, cause honestly you turned out to be the...Best Thing I Never Had"...
  Then you look back and can’t seem to understand what you were thinking for staying in a situation for so long knowing you were becoming more and more unhappy with where it was going. It is amazing how intense you can remember the feelings being and how unsure you were when the thoughts of walking away for good would invade your thoughts and seemed like the only way to get to where you knew you wanted to go in life.
 
Thank God I found the good in goodbye
Then after the awkward conversation, the tears, the pain and absence you felt immediately after you made the decision to move on accompanied with regret and many “what did I do’s”… You realize how much better off you are because you stepped out on faith and found the good in goodbye.
For me, it was freeing…


"And I will always be the best thing you never had"...
 It certainly does work both ways, it definitely works out in a way where both of you are the best thing each other never had.  For some, great friendships stem from this realization. For others, the damage over time is too great that a genuine relationship cannot be developed.
In any case, moving on is scary, and lonely and frustrating, and irritating, and discouraging and disappointing BUT there is light at the end of the tunnel.
There certainly was for me.

Comments

Popular Posts