Married!



Personal Photo

Married...
 
 
...and it feels so good!! After a full year (and then some) of planning, the day came and went!

And it was certainly a beautiful day! I was having a hard time seeing how things would come together and they did so beautifully. I was worried about being outside and having to come up with a plan B,C,D,E etc but the weather was amazing! Everyone who had a part to play in the wedding totally came through for us in such a big way! I am so grateful to all of our vendors for providing us such quality service.  From our decor to the beautiful cake that captured our monogram perfectly. Now everyone did tell me to make sure to take a moment and take in the day because it goes by so quickly and I actually feel like I took the time to do just that. There were a few times when I would look out from the head table and take note of all the faces who were there to witness the biggest moment in my life to date.  Such a surreal and great feeling at the same time.

Actually the whole day seemed a little surreal. That morning I woke up with an unnatural calmness especially knowing what was about to happen later that day. As I joked with my friends in the morning there were several moments that I reminded myself that I was actually getting married in the afternoon, then when I was in the limo..."this limo is actually taking me to the place that I will be married!" Then standing with my parents waiting for the cue for us to start walking....so strange! (I actually wonder what they were feeling at that time as well)  Walking up the aisle to meet my soon-to-be-husband...wow! (that's really all I have for that moment because it is so hard to describe)  The whole day felt like I was watching myself go through it. Once the reception came I think I relaxed a bit and it was then that I was able to take in the fact that it was actually my wedding reception AND that all the planning had actually come together into what I believe was a beautiful day!

Now don't get me wrong, I am sure there were glitches, however, on that day, no one told us about them so we were able to truly enjoy our moment.

I am happy the planning is over,

I am happy that all the hard work paid off,

I am happy that we decided to have the people there that we did,

I am happy that we didn't compromise on the things that were important to us and most importantly;

I am happy to be Mr. W's wife.

On to the nesting! LOL.



Comments

Popular Posts