Miley, please stop it.

 
 
 
 So here goes the already overly discussed topic of Miley Cyrus....
I've seen the letters people have written to Miley, to their daughters to not be like Miley, to their sons to never date a girl like Miley, and also to her parents to say shame on you LOL.
My two cents... Miley, please stop it.
I didn't actually see the original broadcast of the VMA's and only saw the news clips as they reported how raunchy and inappropriate the performance was. Then I looked it up on Youtube to see what all the hype was about and Oh.My. Is she serious?  Is her management serious? Now I was watching Entertainment Tonight and Miley was on there saying that people are over thinking it...they made history, people are thinking about it way more than she did while she was even doing it......blah blah blah...ok great.
Then her manager gets on there and starts saying that the one thing he is proud of is that he did not stop her from doing it although he was nervous when the concept was presented. Please.
I get it, she's 20 years old, and quite capable of making her own decisions because she is an adult now but give me a break with all the 'Yes People" she has around her.
Perhaps I am being judgemental but nothing about that performance screamed talented to me. I really was just wondering how many times is she going to stick her tongue out, do the dutty wine, and twerk a bit.  And Robin Thicke........................really? Out of all the people you could have asked to do this song with you??? I don't get it.
All in all, I see now what the talk was about, I see now why mothers are taking time out to give lessons to their daughters on why they should never become a Miley BUT,  why aren't those lessons being given regardless. Why did it take this performance for some mothers to take some time out and sit down and talk to their daughters about what being a young lady is or should be about in this day and age?
Perhaps the whole thing was done for shock value, and hopefully she got what she wanted out of it. Unfortunately, what she may have wanted out of it might have been just that. Publicity. In which case, she will not learn anything from the backlash that she is receiving as a result of the performance.
See the pic below of Will Smith and his kids watching the performance...
My face looked exactly like Jaden's LOL.  
Your Thoughts?

 


Comments

Popular Posts