Planning Burnout



 
 
I love weddings. I love everything about them. Always have.
I've always watched wedding shows like, Perfect Proposal, The Wedding Story, and specials that came on TV that featured someone's wedding and I watch the more current shows like Say Yes To The Dress and the bridesmaid version, I watch Four Weddings, I watch I Found The Gown and whatever else is on TLC about weddings. Loved every minute of it.
However... on May 19, 2013 all of that changed.
I don't have the patience right now to watch a complete show from beginning to end, I just want to fast forward to the end saying in my head "Did you pick the dress or not?? Geez", I have no desire to turn on I Found The Gown. Maybe I could watch Four Weddings if it was on right now but honestly the whole thing exhausts me. I guess I have what I have heard others talk about... "Planning Burnout". I thought I might feel like I have to jump into something else right away cause what would I do with all of my free time? What would occupy my mind after all the planning and thinking about what kind of flowers to pick and what appetizers do we want for cocktail hour?  But I'm good thanks.
Time didn't stop and I don't go home and wonder what I'm going to do this evening now that I don't have a wedding to plan.... Life kept moving, other things took precedence like moving, and sorting, and merging two lives together  and getting into a new routine, and to be honest, I'm tired.
I haven't been out to enjoy some time with my husband or my girls, I haven't even gone to a movie. I'm tired.  Maybe the year of planning non-stop has caught up with me, maybe it's taking me longer than I thought to adjust to my new life, but I am happy to have down time. I am happy to not have to think about anything, I am happy to not have to be anywhere, I am happy to not have to email or phone anyone to give answers or ask questions, I am happy that no one has to email or call me to get answers or ask questions.
I really never thought that I would feel like this especially loving wedding so much. I think the passion for the whole industry will come back but for right now, I'm good with removing my self from all things wedding.
Does this sound harsh? Oh well....
 
 


Comments

Popular Posts