Happy New Year! What I Have Learned in 2013

 
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
At this time of year I always get a little somber thinking about all the things that I experienced throughout the year and there are many different things that come to mind for 2013.  Here is to wishing all of you a healthy and happy new year. Dream big dreams and strive to be authentically you at all times.  
Below are some of the things that I learned this year, or was reminded of...
 
What I Have Learned In 2013:

- That things are not always what they seem for those you know and I was reminded of the fact that many things appear all sunshine and roses on the outside but major storm clouds are happening on the inside.  Judge Not.

- Friendships change, some grow and flourish and some stop. Reason, Season, Lifetime.

- That with a firm knowledge of what you want and the right people around you things will come together. I planned a wedding this year and for a lot of the time, I struggled with seeing how it would all come together... but it did. Beautifully.

- That sometimes people are rewarded for things they do not deserve but that doesn't mean that it should affect your work ethic.

  - That I don't day dream enough or dream big enough anymore and when I stop and think about my life thus far and where I want to go I realize that I have so many unfulfilled dreams that I must strive to complete.
Definitely a work in progress. 2014 get ready!
 
 - That I need to be more social, even when I don't feel like it. I often surprise myself in those moments.

-That my passion for music is still alive and well and as a result I need to make time to explore the forms that I love the most. I'm rusty in so many areas!

 - Happiness is a mindset and you create your own.

- Merging two lives is a lot of work, but worth it. Totally enjoying married life.

 - That my natural hair is the way I probably should have always went in life. This natural hair journey is work but has paid off tremendously. I LOVE IT!

- I'm a total homebody, and as I get older it gets easier and easier to stay in the house and chill on a night perfect for painting the town red......

- That although hashtags are pointless to me, I like using them.
 
- That I watch and enjoy way more reality TV than I should.
 
In 2014 I want to continue to live and learn new things, and become an even better person.
I feel optimistic about this new year and I wish you all a Happy New Year with plenty of wealth, health and love!
 
C.
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts