Things I Have Learned in 2016... Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!!


It has been a loooooong time since I have have checked in to write a post. In fact, it has been a long time since I was steadily committed to making sure my thoughts were written down on this blog to share a little of my world. Hope you all entered the new year refreshed and rejuvenated and ready to tackle what this year may bring.  I am motivated to start fresh again due to a nagging in my spirit that has been there for quite some time. The nagging that continues to tell me that there is more to do but rather than adding to the things I currently feel that I have to do this is different. This feeling to do more only applies to things that enlighten me, things that I am passionate about, things that completely peak my interest, things that ultimately make me happy. 
So here's to 2017 and finding out what that looks like. 


BUT...
Here's what I learned in 2016...

~ one of the reasons that I find it hard to get close to new people is because the truth is... I don't trust them. I have this skepticism that I place on everyone I meet and am always waiting for their true colours to come out. Often I am right and disappointed but there are the gems that I am going to hang on to for dear life!

~ my priority is to support my friends and treat them like my friends. However, I feel I have kept too many people around that do not make the same effort...or even think about making the effort in the first place.  My goal is to be a better friend myself to those who I feel are deserving and actually appreciate the time I take to think about them and to let go of the ones that make me shake my head and wonder... are we even really friends? 
Life is too short man. 

~ motherhood is hard, rewarding, draining, life changing, exhausting, uplifting, challenging and one of the best things I have ever done.  I am grateful that I have been given the ability to have children when so many others are not able to. I do not take that for granted. 

~it is easy to lose yourself and all that you are passionate about in the mundane routine of life... 2016 got me. 
2017 will not be so lucky. 

Enjoy your 2017!


Comments

Popular Posts