Sooooooo it's 2020! Happy New Year!


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Personal photo


Today is the first day of 2020 and I am sitting here in the dark with my one year new computer (thanks Hubs!) thinking about life and all that it has brought me up to this point and all the potential it has to bring me in this new year.  The question that keeps coming to me is... who are you now...and who do you want to be by the end of this year.  Here is a list that I have come up with in regards to me now:

I am a daughter, sister, wife and mother. 
I am scared, 
I am nervous, 
I am tired, 
I am exhausted actually,
I am impatient,
I am particular, 
I am incredibly blessed, 
I am determined, 
I am competitive, 
I am learning, 
I am protective, 
I am introspective, 
I am private (to a fault sometimes), 
I am loving, 
I am loyal...

...the list can go on and on but I will go with those for now!

Every year I set some "goals" that are often lofty and overly ambitious but are sometimes things that I actually fear which doesn't help to motivate me to complete them.  But this year, I want my approach to be different. I am walking a road of uncertainty in a lot of areas in life and when I sit back and take an account of where I have always wanted to be at this point in life and where I am in some areas I feel disappointed and discouraged but also happy, blessed and grateful. I want the positive to outweigh the negative feelings and this year I am actually setting a deadline with some real goals, with some space for evaluation along the way but at the end of the year I know I need to have certain things accomplished or else I have a certain direction that I must walk in.
Wish me luck, send prayers and throw all the positive dust you can spare my way.

Here's to 2020! Let's do this!

Comments

Popular Posts