Running out of Time...


Photo by numbpurplehaze on deviantart.com

 Ever feel like you are running out of time but not really sure for what?
I have repeatedly had this problem in my life where I always felt like I needed to hurry up and do this, and hurry up and do that…
I had to work hard on slowing myself down and realizing that I had plenty of time to do the things that I desired out of life.
Now a lot of it does come from societal pressures...
 
I mean, when you are in your 20’s you are expected to finish school and find that career and oh yeah, that special someone because the next phase of life is supposed to start soon.
In your 30’s,  great, you got the job and have been working hard and yes you found the significant other and took some time to get married but now hurry up and start a family if you haven’t done so already!!
In your 40’s, some may think they can sit back and enjoy the view of what life has brought you for awhile but nope, the kids have needs now that cause you to be hurrying to do things both planned and unplanned not to mention everything else that is going on in life. And it keeps going and going!
So I say all of that to say this… slow down and take the time to enjoy the process.
What is that old saying? “Stop and smell the roses”
 
Might be an old saying but so necessary to enjoy this thing called life!

Comments

Popular Posts