Living With Fear...


Personal Photo

There are times when I feel like I stifle myself.
I think about all the reasons why the things I want to do that are outside of my comfort zome might fail and put off  my ideas and then never really get around to doing them. 
Weeks, months, years later I have so much regret about not getting around to executing my ideas and passions. Someone once asked me "Can you really be passionate about it if you are not doing it?" and I had to think long and hard about that one. They are right.  When you are passionate about something it is all that you want to be doing, it is a part of you and not doing the things that you are passionate about should leave you feeling like something is missing.  
However when you stifle the feeling, you fool yourself into thinking that all is well and fill the void with other things but of course you are reminded constantly of the fact that you want and need to be doing more. I am used to standing in my own way at times and I have made a committment to myself to get used to a new normal and engage in all the things that I am passionate about whether they are in or out of my comfort zone. 

Can you relate? 
How do you motivate yourself  to do the things that you shy away from because of a fear of failing? 

Comments

Popular Posts