A Sister To Celebrate - Trish Griffith

A Sister To Celebrate
This “A Sister To Celebrate” segment is highlighting Trish Griffith who is a another woman with a story and a lot of important tips to share. You can also read what Trish has to share in the reoccuring segment "In Her Head" here on this blog. I am so happy to have the chance to have others learn some more about this delightful woman. Enjoy!


TRISH GRIFFITH


What is your age range?  a) 18-25,  b) 26-40,  c) 41-55,  d) 56-75
26 – 40.  More specifically 32.

     Where were you born, raised and what city/country do you currently live in now?
I was born in Etobicoke General Hospital and raised in Malton, ON til age 10.  My family moved to Brampton at that time and I’m still in Brampton.

     What is your educational background /Training?
I attended Sheridan College and received a Certificate in both Court and Tribunal Agent and Business Administration.   I also currently volunteer with the United Way Toronto and Victim Services of Peel.


      What was the first job you ever had?
  My first job was a jewellery packer in a family business from age 8 to 15 during the summer.  My first real payroll job though was at Sheridan College’s Athletic Department as a Facility Attendant.

     What are you doing currently? Passions? Aspirations?
 
I have just recently started at a financial institution in Toronto as a Coordinator – Reporting Support.  It is an amazing job with an amazing team and I look forward to helping them be successful for the rest of 2012. 
I am very passionate about volunteering and giving back to my community.  I am a firm believer in making my community a better place by donating my time and effort to improving some of the issues women and children face day to day in Peel. 
My greatest aspiration is to one day in my lifetime significantly lower the stats on violence against women especially within certain cultures if not eliminate it.  It’s a large aspiration but I believe that if we can have more shelters that are better equipped to take in last minute victims and children and have more education centres to inform women of safe houses that we can accomplish this. 

     What was the journey like to get you where you are today both personally and professionally?
 
My journey was an interesting one.  I must say that it is truly the grace of God that has brought me to where I am today.  I faced many medical challenges, relationship issues and internal battles with myself and some how God has been with me the whole time guiding me through.

     What is the best life lesson you were ever given?

Do it right the first time.  The time you wasted doing it half assed will just take longer because you will have to do it again the right way.  Those are the words of my papa!


     What advice do you have for people wanting to follow in your footsteps?
Never give up.  When you think you have lost everything or think you can never recover know that you can.  The battle is tough but nothing that is worth it comes easy.
     Can you tell us 3 of the goals you have in the next 3 years?
To increase my speaking engagements around the city at various Community Events to bring awareness of Domestic Violence


To go up a minimum of one level at work
To purchase a new home

Thank you so much Trish for allowing us to dig a little deeper to get to know more about you, your passions and what motivates you. You are an inspiration to many!

For more information or to get in contact with Trish Griffith:
Email her at trishgriffith01@gmail.com and you can follow her on twitter at @trishgriffith01

    







Comments

Popular Posts